Travertine restoration and polishing is our speciality. Give your travertine floors and countertops a new life with Tile Cleaning Agents high quality travertine restoration service. We provide strip and seal service that will clean travertine holes and brighten your rooms. We sand out scratches and fill travertine holes before restoring the honed or gloss surface that was once the pride of the home when first installed. For travertine tile maintenance and restoration, contact us now to reserve a free quotation.
Welcome to Tile Cleaning Agents, your local experienced Travertine Restoration Service provider
Are you tired of dull, dirty, and damaged travertine surfaces in your home or commercial space? Look no further! At Tile Cleaning Agents we provide a Professional Travertine Cleaning, Polishing, and Sealing Service, and we specialise in restoring the natural beauty of your travertine, making it look as good as new. With our meticulous cleaning, polishing, and sealing techniques, we guarantee exceptional results that will leave you amazed.
Our Travertine Restoration and Polishing Services
- Travertine Cleaning: Our professional cleaning process is designed to remove deep-seated dirt, grime, and stains from your travertine surfaces. We use advanced equipment and eco-friendly cleaning agents to ensure a thorough and safe cleaning experience. Say goodbye to unsightly spots and discoloration and say hello to a revived travertine surface.
- Travertine Polishing: If your travertine has lost its shine and lustre over time, our expert polishing services will restore its natural brilliance. Our skilled technicians employ industry-leading techniques and high-quality polishing compounds to eliminate scratches, dullness, and etching. The result? A smooth, glossy finish that enhances the beauty of your travertine.
- Travertine Sealing: Protect your travertine from future damage with our professional sealing services. We utilise top-of-the-line sealants that penetrate deep into the pores of the stone, creating a protective barrier against stains, moisture, and other potential hazards. Our sealing process ensures that your travertine retains its beauty and remains resistant to everyday wear and tear.
- Hole and Crack Filling: Is your travertine marred by unsightly holes and cracks? Our skilled technicians are adept at filling these imperfections with high-quality epoxy resin. This process not only restores the integrity of your travertine but also improves its overall appearance. Our attention to detail ensures a seamless and flawless finish.
Why choose our Travertine Floor Restoration services?
- Expertise: With years of experience in the industry, our team of professionals is highly skilled in travertine cleaning, polishing, and sealing. We stay updated with the latest techniques and tools to deliver exceptional results.
- Quality Assurance: We are committed to providing the highest level of quality in every service we offer. Our technicians pay meticulous attention to detail, ensuring that your travertine surfaces receive the care they deserve.
- Customer Satisfaction: Your satisfaction is our top priority. We strive to exceed your expectations and leave you completely satisfied with our services. Our friendly team is always ready to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Experience the Difference
Transform your travertine surfaces with our professional cleaning, polishing, and sealing services. From reviving the natural beauty of your travertine to filling holes and cracks with epoxy resin, we ensure stunning results that will leave you delighted. Don’t settle for less when it comes to caring for your travertine—choose Tile Cleaning Agents for your Professional Travertine Cleaning, Polishing, and Sealing Service today.
Contact us now to schedule an appointment or request a free quote. Let us bring back the timeless elegance of your travertine!
Are your travertine floors plagued by dirty grout lines and stubborn ingrained soil? It’s time to call in the professionals for top-notch travertine restoration. Tile Cleaning Agents has established an enviable reputation for quality and service. Take the first step towards revitalising your travertine floor by scheduling a free, no-obligation consultation with our trained and experienced travertine restoration experts.
Travertine Floor Cleaning Services
Travertine flooring, like many types of natural stone, comes in various finishes, each requiring a different approach to restoration. Take a closer look at the different finishes of travertine flooring
- Travertine Cleaning: Learn more about our travertine floor cleaning services.
- Travertine Showers: Find out how we can clean and restore travertine showers.
- Travertine Sealing: Discover how we can protect your travertine floors with our sealing services.
- Travertine Restoration: Explore our comprehensive travertine floor restoration options.
Cleaning Travertine Tile Floors
Travertine tiles, resembling sponges made of stone, feature a multitude of different-sized holes. Over time, wear on the floor exposes fresh cavities, which gradually become filled with dirt. Unfortunately, homeowners are unable to effectively clean this impacted dirt from the cavities and pits. In the presence of grease and oil, the accumulated dirt becomes even more stubborn.
So, how do industry professionals tackle dirt that’s ingrained in travertine?
- Application of Cleaning Solution: A powerful cleaning chemical is applied to the tiles, allowing it to break down the greasy soil over a designated period.
- Travertine Shower Cleaning: Working on travertine shower walls and floors requires specialised expertise. Travertine showers face specific issues due to the acidic nature of hot water, erosion caused by soap scum and body fat, and the growth of mould and mildew. Acidic ingredients in bathroom and shower cleaners can also damage travertine. It’s important to choose cleaning products that dissolve oils without containing acidic components. Professional cleaning and restoration, including the use of diamond-impregnated pads for honing and the application of acid-resistant sealers, can extend the lifespan of travertine showers.
- Rotary Scrubbing: We use rotary scrubbing machinery to remove the dirt from the tiles. For heavily soiled areas, we utilise a scrubbing unit with specialised brushes and pressurised water to agitate the dirt effectively.
- Cleaning of Grout between travertine tiles: After the floor is thoroughly cleaned with the rotary and wet vacuum system we double check the area and ensure the grout lines are clean. If we detect any grout that’s still dirty we use hand scrubbing brushes and hot water extraction kits to remove the stubborn dirt.
Professional Cleaning and Sealing of Tumbled Travertine
Tumbled travertine tiles boast exposed natural holes and can have a dull or honed finish, providing a subtle sheen. However, keeping these tiles and grout lines clean can be challenging, especially if they are improperly sealed or the original seal has worn away. The captivating holes and crevices that enhance the beauty of this travertine also become troublesome as they trap dust, grease, soil, and dirty water from daily mopping, resulting in unsightly black marks over time.
Aggressive floor cleaning, even with a scrubbing brush, particularly on the grout lines, fails to remove all the embedded soil and often pushes more dirt into the holes. Furthermore, holes can expand as the edges break away or the filler deteriorates.
Fortunately, the right sealer can restore the beauty of tumbled travertine floors and significantly simplify the cleaning process. Professional cleaning equipment and heavy-duty travertine floor cleaning products are essential for effectively removing ingrained soil from the stone.
Our process begins by applying a suitable deep cleaner, which is then scrubbed into the stone to release soil particles and create a slurry. The challenge lies in removing the dirty slurry, as a wet vacuum can only reach most of the holes, leaving deep holes and small pits untouched. To tackle this, we employ pressurized hot water through our “clean and capture” equipment, effectively rinsing out the slurry and soil from even the most challenging areas. Once the floor is dry, we seal it with a suitable sealer tailored to your specific needs.
Professional Cleaning and Sealing of Honed Travertine Floor Tiles
Honed travertine tiles offer a smooth finish that can range from dull to a high sheen, depending on your desired level of lustre. These natural stone floors feature holes that are filled before finishing to achieve a sleek appearance. However, over time, you may encounter various issues.
Over time, various issues can arise with travertine tiles. Holes may start appearing in the tiles, while traffic lanes can lose their shine due to foot traffic wearing down the surface. Etch marks may develop as a result of acidic food and drink spills, and scratches can occur from tracked-in grit and furniture movement. Additionally, the use of strong cleaners can gradually degrade penetrating sealers. Furthermore, grout lines tend to accumulate more dirt over time.
Professional Cleaning and Sealing of Polished Travertine Floor Tiles
Polished travertine tiles can be prone to wear, scratches, soiled grout, and loss of sealer. Regular maintenance and polishing are necessary to maintain their exquisite appearance. Our travertine floor cleaning and protection systems are designed to extend the lifespan of your polished travertine floors, ensuring long-lasting beauty.
In certain cases, honed travertine tiles are polished to achieve a high-gloss finish. However, both polished and dull honed travertine can suffer from wear, scratches, soiled grout, and sealant loss. These floors require regular maintenance, including grinding, honing, polishing, and sealing, to retain their stunning appearance.
Our professional restoration services ensure that your travertine floors are expertly handled and finished to perfection, even if it involves intricate processes such as grinding, honing, and polishing. We also offer specialized sealing options to protect and enhance the beauty of your travertine surfaces.
Professional Cleaning and Polishing Vein Cut Travertine Flooring
Vein cut travertine tiles are uniquely crafted from the end-grain of the stone, resulting in distinctive flooring options. Most often, the holes inherent in this type of travertine flooring are left as a prominent feature of the polished stone. However, if desired, the holes can be filled with hard epoxy or grout. Similar to face-cut tiles, vein cut travertine tiles can be cleaned and sealed to achieve a dull or mid-sheen finish. Alternatively, they can be honed and polished to achieve a high-gloss shine.
Generally, travertine stone floors with lippage exceeding 2mm will require grinding to create a smooth surface before honing and polishing can be done. Similarly, if a travertine floor has deep scratches or damage that cannot be eliminated through honing alone, grinding is necessary.
At Tile Cleaning Agents, our travertine restoration services cover all aspects of professional cleaning and repair.
Here are some key areas we specialise in
- Travertine Crack Repair
Travertine tiles often develop cracks and holes due to their relatively less robust nature compared to porcelain, granite, and marble. Cracks typically occur in areas with significant movement in the floor base, such as doorways or between different subfloors. Weakness in a tile can lead to crack formation. Our crack repair process involves opening up the crack, preparing it for filling with diamond burrs, and filling it with a colour-matched resin filler or grout. Resin fillers are smoothed using a polishing tool, while grout is left after sponging. Proper crack repair is more cost-effective than replacing the entire tile.
- Travertine Hole Repair
Due to its honeycomb structure, travertine naturally develops holes of varying sizes, ranging from tiny holes to 3 cm in diameter. Filled travertine is factory-treated with a filler known as Travertine Spackle to fill the surface cavities. However, incomplete filling can create weak spots. During restoration, cavities can be filled with grout or resin filler, which is then sanded smooth. Filling holes with resin may not be practical if there are numerous holes in the tiles.
- Travertine Grout Repair
Caustic cleaners and spills can permanently damage the colour of grout. Deep grout cleaning and regrouting with new grout are effective solutions. Old grout can be removed using diamond cutting tools before applying new grout. However, regrouting and grout removal can be labour-intensive and costly.
- Filling holes in tiles with long-lasting fillers
Removing scratches, etch marks, and degradation by honing the floor. Our deep cleaning process effectively eliminates ingrained dirt, and we finish by sealing the floor with a water-based travertine sealer, restoring its beauty. With our finishing and protection systems, your travertine floors will enjoy an extended lifespan, allowing you to savour their elegance for years to come.
- Sealing Travertine Floors
The approach to sealing travertine depends on the type of travertine and the condition of the sub-floor. In older homes and cottages, travertine may be laid on floors without a damp-proof membrane, a common issue considering the vast number of Victorian and Edwardian properties in the UK. In these cases, we apply a breathable silane penetrating impregnating sealer. Multiple layers of sealer are required to ensure optimal protection for the travertine.
For travertine tile floors with a damp-proof membrane, various sealing options are available. Polished travertine requires an impregnating sealer to preserve its natural appearance. Honed travertine, with its smooth, no-sheen finish, is more porous than polished travertine but less porous than tumbled travertine.