At Tile Cleaning Agents we take pride in our expertise, professionalism, and attention to detail, ensuring that your wood floors are sanded and refinished to their original beauty. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and experience the difference our professional wood restoration services can make for your home or business.
Need a Wood Floor Sanding or Refinishing Service?
Are you worried that your wooden floor is beyond salvation? Fear not! At Tile Cleaning Agents Ltd, we specialise in turning even the most weathered wooden floors into stunning masterpieces.
Our team of skilled artisans is dedicated to bringing back the timeless charm and beauty of your hardwood surfaces.
Through meticulous sanding, refinishing, and repair techniques, we breathe new life into your wood, removing scratches, stains, and signs of aging. Our comprehensive approach addresses everything from filling gaps and cracks to enhancing the wood’s natural grain patterns. Whether you have classic oak, elegant cherry, or any other type of wood, our experts are equipped with the latest tools and techniques to ensure your floors and countertops regain their original splendour.
Old wood floors might look worse than they are, especially those hiding beneath layers of old paint and varnish. Our wood sanding process will quickly reveal the natural wood’s beauty. If you have any concerns or queries about our wood restoration service please read on, or contact us for more information.
Does wood floor restoration create a lot of dust?
Our professional sanding machines are 98% dust-free, though some unavoidable dust might occur. We isolate work areas, tape doors, and use high-powered dust extractors for minimal disruption.
How long does it take to sand one wooden floor?
Sanding and hand-finishing a room such a bedroom or hallway usually takes one day. Unexpected repairs might extend the timeline, and cure time for varnish, wax, or oil should be considered.
Wood Floor Repair Service
We repair cracks, dents, and blemishes after sanding for a flawless finish. Filling gaps in floorboards stops drafts, creating a seamless appeal. We use wood strips or filler for a polished result.
Engineered Wood Refinishing
Our company excels in revitalizing engineered wood floors, bringing them back to their original splendour. The process begins with precise sanding, skilfully stripping away imperfections and previous finishes. We meticulously address any gaps or irregularities, ensuring a uniform and flawless surface. A premium wood filler is expertly applied, seamlessly blending with the wood’s natural grain. The refinishing phase is next, where our team employs precision techniques to achieve a smooth, refined surface that showcases the inherent beauty of the wood. To culminate the process, we apply three coats of high-quality lacquer, providing both an exquisite aesthetic and robust protection. The result is an engineered wood floor that radiates warmth and elegance, built to endure the test of time.
Challenges of Engineered Wood Sanding
Restoring engineered wood flooring can present several challenges due to its unique construction and properties. Engineered wood is composed of a top layer of real hardwood veneer bonded to multiple layers of high-quality plywood or another wood-based material. Some of the challenges associated with restoring engineered wood floors include:
- Limited resurfacing: The thin veneer layer of engineered hardwood floors restricts the number of times they can be sanded and refinished. In some cases, engineered wood floors can only be refinished a few times, or not at all, depending on the thickness of the veneer layer.
- Veneer damage: During the restoration process, there is a risk of damaging the veneer layer if too much material is removed through sanding. This can expose the underlying plywood layers, compromising the floor’s appearance and structural integrity.
- Moisture sensitivity: Although engineered wood floors are less prone to expansion and contraction due to humidity changes compared to solid hardwood floors, they can still be affected by moisture. Excessive moisture during the restoration process can cause the veneer layer to separate from the plywood layers, resulting in delamination.
- Compatibility with finishes: The choice of finish for engineered wood floors is crucial, as some finishes may not adhere well to the veneer layer or may cause discoloration. It is essential to select a finish that is compatible with the specific type of engineered wood flooring to ensure a successful restoration.
- Skill and expertise: Restoring engineered wood floors requires a high level of skill and expertise to avoid damaging the veneer layer and to achieve a professional-looking result. As a professional flooring contractor with experience in restoring engineered wood floors, it is recommended you contact us to ensure the best outcome.
Restoring engineered wood floors can be challenging due to factors such as limited resurfacing options, potential veneer damage, moisture sensitivity, compatibility with finishes, and the need for skilled professionals. However, with proper care and maintenance, engineered wood floors can provide a durable and attractive flooring option for various applications
Parquet Wood Floor Sanding
Our company specialises in the restoration of parquet wood floors, beginning with meticulous sanding to remove imperfections and old finishes. We address gaps and cracks by applying a wood filler for a smooth and seamless appearance. After smoothing off the filler and the surface we apply three coats of lacquer for both aesthetic appeal and durability, resulting in a timeless and resilient floor.
Wood Tables and Countertop Sanding
Refresh your kitchen’s focal point with our wood countertop sanding services. We specialise in sanding wood tables and counters and offer three refinishing options: a natural-colour-enhancer varnish, a light-coloured Scandinavian contemporary finish, or staining of your choice. Our skilled craftsmen bring precision and expertise to every project. Contact us to revitalise your kitchen’s centrepiece.
Wood Colour Stains and Finishes
Colour and Finish: Wood colour varies by type, but staining, waxing, or oiling can customise it to your preference. We use wood stain and varnish separately for consistent, long-lasting colour. Ask us about the range of colour stains that we have available for your wooden floors and countertops.
How much does Wood Sanding and Refinishing Cost
On average, a single room will cost around £800. This includes removing all scratches and scuff marks, finished with 3 coats of lacquer. Our estimator will visit to discuss your needs in person. Expect a no-pressure estimate within two working days. Our trained wood sanding team will handle the renovation process, ensuring quality results.
Ready to transform your wooden floor? Phone us today to discuss your wood sanding and restoration requirements.