It takes only a few seconds to ruin the surface of a limestone floor. As soon as the acid lands on the stone it’s already too late. no matter how fast you are at cleaning up the spillage. This is because limestone is made from a high concentration of calcium due to the animal fossils that have been compressed into the rock over many years. This soft material is alkali and reacts very quickly, in fact it bubbles when coming into contact with an acid, leaving a lighter surface that feels dry and rough.
The wonderful characteristic of stone is that it can be restored to perfection. The only way to restore this is through a sanding and re-polishing service.
For more information about limestone restoration please contact us.